Things are coming together. Things are expanding. Two months ago I made a choice to expand my practice. It was a choice. Other options would have been to move to a smaller space, or to move my practice back into my home, or to search desperately for office mates. And I explored those options. Opportunities opened for me in each of those directions. Yet each of those choices felt like a side step. As though I was moving sideways to maintain a stable position, but that I wasn’t moving forward; that I wasn’t creating, that I wasn’t expanding. I’m a creative person. I’ve chosen to live my life differently from the standard. I’m a single parent. I’m self employed. I don’t receive benefits. I don’t have a 401K. I’ve never had a paid vacation, sick day, or holiday. Nor do I have to answer to anyone but myself. I offer my best to each and every client that walks through my door, and they reward me by returning again and again and again…
Something beckoned to me to stay where I was. Something urged me to do a little more, right here. Something said, “Why not give it a go? People might be glad you did. YOU might be glad you did.” And again, doors opened, support abounded. As did enthusiasm. I envisioned how I wanted things to be in my practice, what I wanted the space to feel and look like, what I wanted to offer etc. I started painting colors on the walls. I started talking about what I was doing and what I wanted to offer, quite timidly at first. I’m still working on that part. Well, I’m still working on it all. But what I’ve accomplished in these two months is:
1. The creation of a new studio space. It’s warm and inviting. Elegant and cozy. Private and accessible.
2. The creation of a meditation center. It too is a lovely, soothing space. People join me for each circle. Some sit with us from afar. This is a circle of healing, of health, of peace. It’s been good for everyone. And I deeply believe that when we do something good for ourselves, we are doing good for all humanity on one level or another.
3. My good friend Heather Bellanca ( heatherbellart.com ) has done the magical work of creating a logo for me. She has graphically captured the essence of how I’d like to present my practice to the community, both local and on-line. I can’t wait to share it. It makes me feel solid and proud, and it also gives me chills which was the sure sign that she’d hit the nail on the head!
4. Massage Therapy, Meditation Circles, Energetic Bodywork… That’s what I do here. That’s why people come to Stairway Healing Arts Center. This is my work in the world. It fills me satisfaction, with happiness, with a sense of purpose. Honestly.
5. Thank you so much for reading this. Thank you for taking good care of yourself. Thank you for expanding your good health. I love what we’re doing here.
Have a wonderful day! Take really good care of yourself.